Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Shoulder Injury


Last Friday during my last sparring session, I pulled a shoulder muscle slightly. Right now it has been about 5 days and I haven't done much. I should have done some road work but I've been busy and haven't done much. Now, I only have two days left and so I have to do the best I can do with the time that I have. 

I can throw a jab and an uppercut with my left, but the left hook still gives me pain in my shoulder. Even when I sleep I feel the pain in my left shoulder. I'm trying to rest as much as I can. 

I'm still planning on fighting of course, but my attitude towards this match has changed. I'm going more to prove myself. After training really hard for 3 months, the last 3 weeks I've done almost nothing in terms of training so I know I'm not at 100%. With my shoulder injury, I'm even less than that. So I want to make sure I heal as much as I can. My cardio is nowhere where it should be, so I have to be careful I don't tire out too quickly and save my energy. I remember in sparring matches where by the 2nd round sometimes, I'd be so tired my smaller opponent would rattle me with hits. 

Either way, having an injury before my fight is one of the worst feelings. I can only hope it heals enough by Saturday afternoon. I'm in the middle of roughly 40 fights, so I'll have time to rest and calm myself down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment