Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Workouts on the road

I'll be traveling for the next week so I won't have access to my regular gym. This is a challenge if I want to learn this demanding sport and prepare myself for my first match. Rather than counting these workouts towards my boxing workout, I'll just make a list here as to what I've been doing. This list will vary depending on accessibility in terms of equipment. I wish my knees were better so I can just run, but I have to find other means of getting in my cardio for the day.

August 12, 2013
- Dumbbell squats, dumbbell bench press, dumbbell row. I did 3 sets each but I think from now on I'm going to just do one set each and go to failure for 2 minutes. Hopefully I can survive.
- Shadowboxing 3 rounds. I could have done more but just didn't have time. Ideally I'd get in at least 6-8 rounds of shadowboxing with some kind of cardio. 

August 13, 2013
- Bodyweight squats. One round. I could only manage 64. I may alternate between bodyweight and weight workouts, but still do it by round.
- Shadow boxing. 5 rounds. I was feeling pretty weak. It has been really hard to have a good workout by myself.
- I downloaded a boxing app that has a 6 week training program so I'm going to use that so at least I have some clear direction in every workout. 



No comments:

Post a Comment