Saturday, September 7, 2013

Workout #15

Today the head trainer wasn't in when I went to the gym. Normally I go around 5pm to catch someone to spar with, but today is Saturday so I went in a bit earlier but he wasn't there. Usually, nobody spars unless he tells them since he knows everyone's level and can control the matches a bit.

Total rounds: 13

1. Jump Rope - 2 rounds

  • I can go for 10-20 seconds now, and it's not my coordination but rather I get tired so I have to stop. I can only jump off of two feet, but hopefully I can work to the point where I can do alternating feet. 
2. Shadow Boxing - 2 rounds
  • I tried paying more attention to my footwork. I've been getting hit with too many right hands, so even if it's slow I'm going to end with my left hand. Either a jab-right-uppercut or jab-right-jab combo so that my arm blocks the other guys right hand a bit. 
3. Double Bag - 2 rounds
4. Speed Bag - 2 rounds
5. Heavy Bag - 3 rounds
  • I should make it a goal to do heavy bag once or twice per week. It ends up hurting my shoulders a bit, so I don't want to do it too much, but if it's just a few rounds I think it's OK. 
  • I remember 10 years ago when I was in my other gym, they had us hit the heavy bag at least for 30 minutes or so and I ended up messing up my shoulder. 
  • Now, I'm going to try and minimize the amount of rounds I hit on the heavy bag to maybe 3 rounds twice per week or something like that. 
  • I know some people like to go 5-10 rounds per day, but I don't think my shoulder can handle that. 
6. Footwork shadow boxing - 2 rounds
  • I went into the ring by myself and tried to walk with my guard down, jump around a bit, and tried to move around the ring more like Ali. 
  • I probably won't be able to do this, but I do want to improve my footwork. 
Without sparring or hitting the mitts, the workout is pretty light. I could have pushed myself more, but I want to do at least two workouts per week where I'm focusing mostly on form. I'm still sweating quite a bit, and I hope to add a morning session daily of pushups, situps, crunches, plank, shrugs, and also lifting weights once/week for now. 

I totally ruined my diet today and pigged out. I can't keep on doing this if I want to make weight. I'll have to cut my calories significantly tomorrow, perhaps just protein shakes and vegetables, and then I'll have my typical day of fasting on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment